Private - Intro to Backcountry Skiing and Splitboarding
- Duration: 1 Days
Follow our highly trained ski guides on a day in the backcountry!
This is an excellent introduction to backcountry skiing/snowboarding. No backcountry experience is required, however you should be an intermediate skier/rider and be confident skiing/riding blue runs in various conditions. This course is for beginner backcountry skiers looking to develop the basic skills to backcountry ski or ride safely. Among the many skills covered are: gear usage, uphill and downhill skiing technique, safe terrain selection, and tree skiing. We strongly recommend you take our Avalanche Skills Training Level 1 course if you intend to do more backcountry trips in the future.
- Avalanche safety equipment is required and can be rented (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Lift ticket required (Backcountry lift ticket available through our office - Refundable up until the day of your tour)
- Touring skis or splitboard with skins and poles required (regular ski boots and snowboard boots will work fine).
- Geared for intermediate, advanced and expert skiers or snowboarders. Backcountry experience is not necessary but participants should be physically fit.
- Participants must be comfortable and confident in intermediate terrain [blue runs] in a variety of snow conditions. If you are unsure of your ability, please contact us for more information.
- Be prepared for a full day of skinning up and skiing or riding down!