Sky Pilot Rappel Course - Coast
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Location: Squamish, BC
Things to bring: bring your own if you have or rent a kit from us
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet (must be climbing-specific; bike helmets not ok)
- 2 x locking carabiners, preferably at least one a munter biner
- 1 x 120cm sling (e.g., Dyneema or nylon) or personal anchoring system (e.g., Metolius PAS)
- 1 x tube-style belay device (no figure 8's please)
- 1 x personal prussik (1.5m x 6 or 7mm cordalette OR hollow block 13.5")
- Comfortable clothing for the weather of the day
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, water, snacks, and whatever you may need for 2 hours in the rock
- Running shoes (best to practice in the same shoes you're racing in)
If you require the Rappel Kit please get in contact with the office and we will add it to your order.
Kit includes: Harness, Helmet, Sling, Locking carabiners, Belay device, Personal Prussik
Meeting time and place: please meet at the little Smoke Bluffs Park (https://goo.gl/maps/Bkv3s3viu2G2) about 10 minutes before your course start time. Parking is extremely limited at the end of Smoke Bluff Road, so we recommend you park at the main Smoke Bluff Parking Lot (https://goo.gl/maps/JvzGSXRbEJo) and hike 5-10 minutes along the trail to the park.