Avalanche Skills Training 2 - Four days - Coast
- Duration: 4 Days
Become an avalanche expert with Mountain Skills Academy & Adventures!
This four day, industry-leading course teaches advanced avalanche rescue skills and the principles of safe travel in the backcountry. After a day of class and 3 days in the field, you will have an in depth understanding of risk assessment, terrain evaluation, route finding, snow profile interpretation, and rescue techniques. The course is tailored exclusively for skiers and snowboarders who are interested in safely heading into the backcountry. We will go further into more challenging terrain than in the AST1 course, and learn ski and board specific skills.
- This course runs 4 consecutive days. The split weekends course is also available.
- AST1 or previous avalanche course is a prerequisite. You may be required to show proof that you have completed an AST1 course.
- Avalanche safety equipment required (transceiver, shovel, probe)
- Lift ticket required (backcountry lift ticket available through our office)
- Touring skis/splitboard required
- Geared for advanced and expert skiers or snowboarders who want to continue their backcountry eductaion. Previous ski touring or splitboard experience is expected of all participants.
- Participants should be at least 16 years old to participate in a public group. Please let us know if you or someone in your group is younger than 16 years old.