AST1 Refresher - Coast
- Duration: 1 Days
Join us for an additional day of avalanche skills training in the backcountry!
The day begins with a review of the pre-test and trip plan and overnight changes. The group then decides on a final trip plan. Course participants then go out into avalanche terrain to implement their trip plan. Participants are trained in not only avalanche mitigation but also mountain hazard mitigation. Participants will now be taught how to implement their newly acquired AST 1 skills.
- AST1 is a prerequisite
- It is required to have a minimum of 3 participants to run a refresher or option to pay a single supplement fee to run for 1 participant.
- Avalanche safety equipment required (transceiver, shovel, probe). Rentals available.
- Touring skis/splitboard required. Rentals available.
- Lift ticket required (discounted lift ticket available through our office)
- Geared for intermediate, advanced and expert skiers or snowboarders
- Participants must be comfortable and confident in intermediate terrain [blue runs] in a variety of snow conditions. If you are unsure of your ability, please contact us for more information.
- Geared for those who want to explore the backcountry